- Kennziffer: PAG-A-1615486808-E
- Einstiegsart: Abschlussarbeit
- Einsatzort: Weilimdorf
- Gesellschaft: Porsche AG
The goal is to investigate possible quantum solutions to a traditional problem. As a base use-case, we aim to improve production quality by analyzing sensor data streamed by electric screw drivers in our production facilities. This can be regarded as a first step to proving a quantum advantage in a number of practical use-cases, and we are open to extend the scope to similar problems.
- Develop an understanding of the underlying anomaly detection problem
- Mathematical formulation of the use-case
- Literature review and clustering of potential quantum solution approaches and their benefits over traditional solutions
- Comparison of possible approaches with a state-of-the-art traditional algorithm (e.g. Dynamic Time Warping)
- Implementation of a quantum-based solution
- Benchmarking analysis of the two implementations (quantum vs. traditional solution)
- Optional: Theoretical analysis of the quantum benefit
- A contribution to a research paper would be highly appreciated. The thesis will be co-supervised by Alissa Wilms (FU Berlin & Porsche Digital) and Tobias Grosse-Puppendahl (Porsche AG).
- Study of Physics, Maths, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a major in physics
- Scientific writing
- Practical experience with QC coding
- Software development (e.g. Python)
- Language: English
We are looking for a person who likes working in a very nice team and shape Porsche's quantum future
“In the beginning, I looked around and could not find quite the car I dreamed of. So I decided to build it myself.”
This quote from Ferdinand Porsche sums up what Porsche is as a brand, as a company, as a car manufacturer and as an employer. The “Porsche idea” has produced unique sports cars, such as the Porsche 356 and the 911. With the combination of tradition, innovation and our employees` Porsche typical – sometimes unconventional – ways of thinking, we make automobile dreams come true and always have that “little bit more” in our sights. But Porsche is more than “just” an exclusive sports car producer. Because Porsche has a lot to offer as an employer as well: numerous entry and career opportunities, measures for combining work and family, and flexible working hours.
Exklusive Einblicke hinter die Kulissen
Regardless of what others do, we are always striving to redefine our limits and set standards. But all of this can only be achieved today and in the future with employees and management who always have an eye for more than the standard. What does that look like? Get to know your future colleagues.
You will find exclusive insights into the Porsche working world on our jobs and careers profiles on social media:
Hinweise zur Bewerbung
Please complete our online application form and attach all your application documents, including cover letter, CV, work and education certificates and any other necessary certificates. Please note that we do not accept applications by post or e-mail.
Applicants from the European Economic Area applying for an internship in Germany must have an identity card or passport. Applicants from outside the European Economic Area must have a residence and, if necessary, work permit for the duration of the internship.
You can find more information about applications to Porsche here.
We expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities whose integration is of particular importance to us.
Our application hotline, on 0711/911-22 911, is open Monday to Friday from 14.00 to 18.00 for any questions you may have about applications to Porsche.