- Code number: PCNA-D-1659538470-E
- Entry level: Professionals
- Location: Atlanta
- Organization: Porsche Cars North America
This position will provide plenty of challenges and opportunities to learn and grow in a fast-paced IT environment. The IT business system analyst will work across Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) IT as well as interfacing with business owners and international colleagues.
The primary objective is to provide level 1 and level 2 support on select systems as assigned by the Senior Manager, IT Systems. These will include locally hosted, globally hosted and vendor provided systems. She/he will be responsible for user administration within the accounting, vehicle management, warranty, procure to pay, travel, and warehouse management systems. She/he will act as liaison between operational business departments and technical resources.
She/he will need to grow in to the responsibility of documenting system enhancement specifications, obtain approvals and implement corresponding changes. The candidate will analyze and test potential impact of system upgrades and implement within the production environment. She/he will provide subject matter expertise on large-scale IT projects and ensure compliance to Porsche methodologies and standards. She/he will adhere to Porsche procedures in the procuring of solutions and services from outside vendors. She/he will need to be a proven quick learner to take ownership of the systems and technologies within his/her responsibility.
Roles & responsibilities
- Create and update user system access within select applications
- Map system capabilities to user roles
- Assist and take direction from the Sr. Business Analysts
- Provide support across varying IT systems and platforms
- Serve as one of the primary contacts between Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) business units and application development partners.
- Provide expertise in both the business processes and the systems that support those processes.
- Provide alternative system changes to business owners to help support changes in user requirements while communicating the benefits, cost and limitations of each approach.
- Maintain customer focus; increase IT customer satisfaction with business users
- Develop business process models to accurately show business critical procedures
- Create system documentation within the Porsche standard templates.
- Track and monitor open issues for assigned areas with multiple vendors / business units and escalate problems as necessary.
- Ensure all assigned projects conform to Porsche standards including vendor selection, vendor management, technology & development standards, critical success factors, status & management reporting, information security, data protection, financial accounting and controls.
- Ensure IT management is updated on local IT status on assigned support and project related activities
- Research and develop resolutions to system problems.
- Perform initial analysis of incoming incidents and determine if it can be resolved locally or if it needs escalation to outside support vendor.
- Determine if the ticket is an incident or a change request
- Document the incident solution, provide to Client Services within the knowledge base, and ensure their ability resolve similar issues.
- Be available off-hours to support high impact system incidents
- Understand local information security directives and ensure systems meet all necessary requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: 4-year degree majoring in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration
4-year Degree with additional 2 years of comparable IT experience
1+ years relevant experience
- System Support (Level I and II)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Change Management
- SAP (FICO, SD, MM, CRM)
- Warehouse Management Systems (SAP eWM)
- Agile Business Analysis
- Documentation Skills/Experience
- Presentation Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Business Process Modeling
- Project Management
- Business Intelligence experience
- Knowledge of databases, data warehousing and SQL
- Experience in the Automotive Industry
- Experience with Zycus Systems
- Experience with SAP Concur
- Experience with SAP SuccessFactors
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Overall understanding of applied information technology
- Team player with consensual approach
- Systematic thinker; ability to work at conceptual and detail levels
- Systems lifecycle experience with analysis, design, and development knowledge
- German language is a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, climb stairs on occasion with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Exclusive look behind the scenes
Porsche is an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.